Thursday, March 04, 2004

Never put off for today that what can wait until the day after

I received an email:

Subject: Reminder - TOMORROW IS ANTI-PROCRASTINATION DAY
I think it was originally scheduled for today, but, hey, what's the rush?



For what it's worth, the email came from a mailing list I found for people with that wonderful brand of insecurities and perfectionism that boils down to: if I make a mistake I am a horrible person, so I never do things because if I never start I can never fail. Which is, of course, horribly fallacious. The mailing list isn't exactly geared to my age group (and judging from traffic, my gender, either), but I've realized if you want to fundamentally change and improve your nature, you have to pound the change into your head every way you can until, years later, it maybe finally sticks.

No comments: