Friday, January 16, 2004

A NEW AND DEFINITIVE META-COSMOLOGY THEORY

I meant to post this a while ago, but lost the links in a pile of bookmarks that. I just did some pre-Spring Spring cleaning on my bookmarks so...

Maybe you saw the The Elegant Universe documentary/mini-series. It did a passable job at explaining the field of quantum mechanics to laymen, by no means an easy feat, and a good job at explaining what happens when scientists want new scientific ideas to be taken seriously and how scientific peer-review works. It was also very shiny. 3/5 (plus an extra 1/10 for the shiny).

The documentary was based on a book of the same name. The author was the show's host. (I've no desire to read the book, though I do want to check out things like these.)

But I know what you're saying. You're saying, "H. Monkey, how come I wasn't interviewed? Why am I not a name among quantum theorists? I have crackpot ideas sometimes, too!" Well, fear not. I present, ladies and gentlemen a handy-dandy guide to postulating your very own quantum particle. True, this gets you in to quantum physics by way of cosmology, but it works! Just listen to these testamonials!

Okay, I had to delete the "testamonial" links I planned. After actually reading the articles, I saw one didn't actually say anything about Ω, and the other two didn't advocate a given particle per se. If I knew more about the topic or had theoretical axes to grind, cosmologists would be laughing by now, honest.

No comments: